2016 Wedding Trends
The new year is officially upon us, bringing with it all sorts of hope, energy, challenges and motivations. For some, 2016 might be the big year that they tie the knot with the love of their life! If that’s you or somebody you know, and you want to bring all the energy of a 2016 wedding into your event, here is the first installment of a two-part series we are doing on 2016 wedding trends. Whether you are getting married here in the Portland / Vancouver area, or somewhere else, we’re sure some of these trends will spark great ideas for your wedding this year!
- Emphasis on what matters most – 2016 is set to be a big year for incorporating a few things that money can’t buy into your wedding. Childhood memories, hometown flavor, and other such things will keep your wedding modern and forward by looking back into your past!
- Banquet-style seating – long, rectangular tables to seat guests during the reception are picking up steam going into 2016. Double the style by pairing this seating style with the rustic barn wedding venue destination that has become popular over recent years.
- Various centerpieces – A new floral trend is emerging that insists all centerpieces are not created equal. Well, each one will be equally awesome, but don’t think that has to mean that every centerpiece has to be the same. Try mixing it up with a few different arrangements at your 2016 wedding!
- Dreams and sparkles – Another interesting flavor gaining momentum in 2016 is inspired by glitz and glam! Consider going for dreamy lighting, that can pair nicely with wedding invites accented with a bit of glitter. If this is your style, 2016 is your year to go for it!
- Popsicle cocktails – If you have a summer wedding, consider this unique version of the punch bowl! “Adult” popsicles are a great way to cool off and offer your guests a novelty drink at an affordable price. Just make sure the kids know they are for grown-ups only!
Thanks for reading and check back soon for the second installment of this series for 5 other emerging 2016 wedding trends!
Miss Formal Event Rentals is an event and wedding event rental company in Portland, OR serving the Portland / Vancouver area.